Do ever hear yourself say, on a really busy day, especially one with a deadline to meet…”wish that phone would stop ringing!” Really? When the phone stops ringing, it’s time to reconsider marketing in today’s connected world. Here’s a checklist you may find helpful.
- Create a free Google My Business account. If you have one now, congratulations, because these free profiles are among the most effective marketing strategies today. Google is the new Yellow Pages. It’s what buyers check first when looking for a new or replacement service or product.
- Take Social Media seriously and responsibly. Social media engagements are an excellent way to expand your reach beyond your website and print advertising. It can show a more personal side of your business, but avoid controversies, politics, or any divisive subject.
- Use free promotional features on Facebook. Invite your friends to “like” or “share” your page (or blog); promote contests or giveaways.
- Blog on your website, then share your blog on social media and via email to your customers. Avoid sharing or emailing anyone unless you have their permission to use their email address. Unsolicited postal mail ends up in a trash can; unsolicited email also is sent to Trash, but most often ends as an “unsubscribe” or “block” action on the receiver’s end.
- Ask customers for feedback and reviews: Ask them during an office call, over the phone or even a quick text. Give them a reason to say yes to your request for a review. For example, adding a Customer Review page to your website offers your customers a pathway to getting their name in front of your clients!
- Offer a referral discount or gift. Your current customers are the best source of your future customers.
What techniques can you recommend to “market on a budget”? Share your success stories (and even your flops) with us via email. With your permission, we’d like to share them with our customers.